Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Thursday, October 09, 2008

This one, is for you ...

In the face of tearful friends, cut funding, unfriendly grad programs, difficult cities, loans denied, collapsing economic and financial systems, a terrifying presidential campaign with stakes so high I can't see the top of the mountain?

In the face of all this hurt and loneliness and financial, emotional, social need, I have made one decision: I have often blogged rather than drink my way through angst and stress. Today, Thursday, October 9th, in the year of our lord 2008, I will drink for you, for your pain, and in honour of the wrongs the system has committed against you.

Salut!

The first drink of the morning is coffee.
The second drink of the morning (It's almost noon in Eastern Standard Tribe any way, right?) is a cocktail of fizzy lime water, strawberry puree juice imported from Croatia, and a marashino cherry. There is some vodka involved. Mostly because I can't find the gin. (Why is the gin always gone?)

This is for you, and for you, and for you! I am drinking today in honour of the pain and hurt that is, at this juncture, approaching unmanageable for many of my friends and loved ones.

With love, from Russia, with love.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger That redheaded one said…

    Only will say wish we could be there to mix drinks with you


    Saturday night I drank it all away 4 times over. Today I start my new life and new dreams mixed with the old ones

    The only dream that matters is the one worth pushing for

     

Post a Comment

<< Home