Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Monday, September 22, 2008

blogging instead of drinking v...12.1.0.5.

The Apple Guys took a peek at my vintage ibook. The baby safety battery in the Logic Board is now dead, so my computer just collapses and loses date and time info. The wall-charger is back to charging, I actually just need a new battery. So instead?

Who doesn't want Missouri plates just yet? Me! Who doesn't want to fix the tail-light/body damage? Me! Who didn't really want to pay western medical professionals anyway?

*ahem* Guess it is time to go and seriously job-hunt and dye this blue-green dreaded mop into some semblance of dignity. Also, battle the fracking computer into giving up my nicely designed business cards. Time to go look Mundane. Time to go pretend. Time for acting; only not as a pirate. *sigh*

Everyone retail is hiring seasonal X-MAS help, so first I'll see if there is a real-honest-to-goodness-at-least$10/hour or good tips job; then I'll see about a fun job or volunteer opps. I am rather glad that STL is more affordable than btown, Chicago, or my other options. Also? warmer than the Twin Cities, though further from my CLV mafia.

What is it that I am doing? Oh, that's right, I'm going to temporarily sell my soul to the Apple Kingdom in order to afford a new magick musick and writin' and webternetz scrying box/bowl/mirror. They keep getting cheaper, and I don't need the purtiest. I'd totally take a rehabbed or used one, so long as it was clean of squick. When this laptop finally goes to the great graveyard in the sky, I will cry many a tear; it has been everywhere with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home