Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Making them women of good carriage...

"I dreamt a dream tonight"
"And so did I."
"Well, what was yours?"
"That dreamers often lie."
"In bed asleep while they do dream things true."
"O, then I see Queen Mab hath been with you..."


This is what I quoted last night; what I wanted was a line from further down, but I had forgotten the middle.

"This is the hag, when maids lie on their backs,
That presses them, and learns them first to bear,
Making them women of good carriage:
This is she,--"


My partner in martinis and politics understood why this illustrated my thoughts; also appreciated it. The moon hung in the sky, the winds whispered in the trees, the cat waited for us to walk us up the street to the house. It was the kind of evening you trap in a bubble and remember for eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home