Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Sunday, August 05, 2007

The world is still full of surprises and magic.

I'm pulling up photo albums from my cousin Marcia on Picasa. She lives in Alaska, with her partner, Tiny [not a true-to-form-name]. My grandfather and his girlfriend are visiting these couple of weeks; they found a good deal on airline tickets. There have been photos of icebergs and boats and trams and all sorts of glacier-y Alaska type things. Then, oh then.

What is this album? Harley Day. My grandfather, 84, and his girlfriend, easily in her 70s, wearing leather and helmets and on motorcycles.

My grandfather is an active member of the American Legion. He was a member of the Mounted Police Force in Oakland County. He square dances and plays pinochle and likes peanut butter-banana sandwiches and butter-pecan ice cream.

He also rides a Harley with his girlfriend when visiting family in Alaska.

I hope to be as cool when I am old. He always let me read every single placard in the museums we visited when I was younger. For this, among many things, I will always love him, because no one else had the patience to let me do that.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey. Cool blog. Check out my Indiana Hoosiers sports blog at:

    http://anythinghoosier.blogspot.com

    Go Hoosiers!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Exactly. Bloomington is a college town with great music venues. We must have too many hippies that are against it. Haha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home