Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Sunday, June 17, 2007

hedgewitchery.

The Persia Market job encourages me to be a good monkey and read up on my section; this I can do during on-the-clock hours, as long as I sit at the desk and am available to aid stumbling, confused masses dreaming of allergy relief and balanced blood sugar and lower cholesterol levels and something for that nagging itch behind their left ear.

This mother's son has blisters on his shoulders from a day at the pool with friends and insufficient spf. She wants aloe vera and calendula, and I read up following her call to reccomend adding lavender and or chammomile tea to his baths.

She's looking for a protein powder that won't make her feel bloated or icky like soy or whey. Wants to know which would be best, hemp or rice protein; ah, I say, but they're both good. She leaves with a sample packet of each.

His cholesterol is high; which brand of plant sterols is better? What do I reccomend?

She eats really well and is working with probiotics but still having trouble; kombucha will do the trick, along with advanced enteric-coating on her acidohpils/bifidus supplements.

Her friend is preggers; what supplements should she take? Which include whole foods? I pull several brands, but also reccomend a fish or flax seed oil/omega 3 supplement to supply baby's brain with necessary building blocks.

To read: The Crazy Makers, a study of diet and brain chemistry; so much science.

Also wonderful is Planetary Herbology combining ayuverdic herbal medicine with Chinese herbal science and western herbology. The Prescription for Nutritional Healing and the Prescription for Herbal Healing are my other two Bibles.

Did I mention that I love my job?

Oh yes, and for hot-tub-itch: tea tree oil applied topically as an anti-fungal. Pau d'arco tea has similar quantities; is also quite tasty.

Rooibos is a natural anti-histamine. Green Tea will save you from 8 zillion different cancers and improve brain function. Yerba Mate has a boost of trace minerals and vitamins that contribute to its natural "kick" of caffeine. They call it "mateine".

Check out the next post for natural bug repellents and honey-mead-punch. So many projects; so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home