Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back to work...

Definitely worse than back to school. With school, one knows when the next vacation day is coming; one can make plans, one can travel. With work? There may be no days off. There may be no vacations. There is just more work, endless and forthcoming. I have coffee shop work in the mornings and early afternoons during the week and pizza parlor work in the evenings on the weekends. It's as if I never lost a job; a week of frivolity [if moving and gypsy-ing can be considered frivolity], then over. I dropped into a publishing house's open house yesterday and yakked it up with all the important people; their benefits package is beautiful.

Now I get to wait. Wait and wait and wait and hope and follow up and wait and wait and wait.

Next raw foods adventure: flax seed crackers! I have a dehydrator, I have flax seeds, now I just need to get soaking and shaping and all those good things.

Current feminist-education reading: bell hooks.

Current residence: next door to the future residence! [Silent, oh, because it's sandwiched in between the train tracks and the cemetary.] It is a nice neighborhood; birds singing, cats prowling.

The kitten might be named [per Suzy's suggestions]: idiot dragon, in Japanese, Bakaryuji. As he climbs up trees and gets stuck, regularly, repeatedly, it makes perfect sense. No, it's not my kitten, it is the kitten I am housesitting.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger hernan said…

    who's you suppose to be living next to a cementery??? morticia addams or lily munster??

    hehehehehhe!!!!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kari Stevenson said…

    harharhhar. You can't even see it, there are a lot of tall tall trees in the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home