Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Monday, May 07, 2007

Picnic in the Park

Baguette sandwiches, dressed with Maille mustard, Colavita balsamic, this amazing Cali olive oil. Layered with cucumbers, tomatoes, smoked gouda, spicy salad greens, dotted with cream cheese, wrapped tight in aluminun foil.
Snacking on black oil-cured Moroccan olives and pistachios. Drinking Cotes du Rhones red wine from a non-descript juice bottle.
A salad of red cabbage, cilantro, sesame seeds, dressed with balsamic and soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Lounging in the sun. Feeling like I was in Aix en Provence again.
Wearing new hipster glasses. Dressed like a librarian because I need to do laundry. Hair twisted into a Medusa-esque creation.
It's good to be back to me; K-OS would say, back to the man I used to be; I'm rather back to the woman I remember being, in better days.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home