Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Saturday, July 05, 2008

productivity... storytime with Valeria

"I love the staff; the 3rd&Jordan mafia is secretly an artists and writers collective. But since they're artists and writers, most of them dropped out of school. They're waiting tables to have money to pay off student loans, to move to New York or the Bay area or Chicago, to pay for art school."

"I stopped hanging out with them hanging out because they were stoned and drunk all the time. I was done with being stoned; and I had to stop drinking. That and stoned people are only funny to themselves."

"So I started hanging out with SCAdians instead. Well, they're not stoned all the time. But the drinking? At least they get drunk and then build armor."

...

[describing the policy]
"I drank. I went to work. Then I threw a fabulous party and many people came. And I drank. Is this what being a grown up is like, Valeria? I think I like being a grown up. Why didn't they tell me it was so much fun?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home