Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day and No Alcohol in Sight

Theoretically, I was supposed to be drunk 3 hours ago. I'm not. This is problematic because this is an ENFORCED DAY OFF and it is not cool. I should have made $40 + tips, but NO. I should have been able to update e-mail lists and sync them. I should have been wealthier by the end of today. So if there is no work, then there must be alcohol. Here there be booze, that kind of thing. I wanted to MAKE MONEY, not spend money. Now I sound like an alcoholic. Guess it depends on the definition.

Iron Chef Campfire is in two weeks. I suppose I should start figuring out how to make something ridiculous and posh involving cherry tomatoes, eggplants, and roasted red peppers on skewers that are 3.5ft long.

Is posh a hipster word? I was called out for hipster vocab last night -- tragic and posh were among the words cited. A cocktail party last night involved scallops wrapped in bacon. Among other tasty things... I <3 Melanie and Laurent, in all sorts of ways. Everyone present could also speak French [ and was, intermittently], and we were listening to mambo-rhythm-corrupted pieces from the classical music canon. Made me want to throw a proper cocktail party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home