Pirate Misadventures in the Midwest

Saturday, May 27, 2006

This nautical theme for posts wears thin...

However, the novelty was such that I couldn't resist. After ninja_turbo announced that he would be spending the summer getting in touch with his pirate side, and I started working for a boss that used to be a pirate (not joking!) who said, "Arrrr" to punctuate points and articulate...

The piracy seemed immediate. That and Pirates of the Caribbean is reaching theaters soon-ish. Ev. and I also spent a piratical evening, driving through indiana-beautiful and reaching the cut-outs for the sheer glory of creating fire and then destroying it. Ahhhhhh. That and to hear the waves hit the shore and watch the sunset. It was perfect.

Since this heat is killing me, I suppose I'm not much of a pirate. I doubt though, that pollen counts are high out on the high seas. Maybe I should be a pirate as well as a city-dweller in real life; both are areas where green and growing and flowering things are well kept and contained. *sniffles* My roomie and I are both incapacitated, downing Yogi Teas "Breathe Easy" tea and filling tissues and bemoaning the failure of our immune systems and our low-grade fevers as our immune systems batter against thousands of pollen morsels (and mountains of cat fur, damn you, Sir Tigger)

Sir Tigger got a bath, but that seemed only to increase the amount of floating cat fur. I do not know how he has so much! It befuddles me. Then again, his prior mom's hairbrush was soft bristle and all about caressing, no wire-comb-hair-removal device in sight. Alas. Doomed to dander on top of the pollen-count.

*miserates* *coughs* *swallows more mucous* *drinks tea* *wishes she was dead*

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger LexBrett said…

    Please do me this one favor — change your sidebar links (which currently say "Google News" and "Edit Me").

    Go into your BlogSpot settings for template changes and look for a big box of geeky template code. Scroll down the box until you see three links, the first of which is Google News. Delete or rewrite the links, and you'll be ready for the big time!

    IMHO, if you have "Edit Me" on your sidebar, you look as green as someone who keeps Tom as a MySpace friend. And no one wants that. It's not easy being green.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kari Stevenson said…

    No, no it's not. You can't quite imagine how terrifying that sea of html was for me. I do appreciate the heads-up though.

    And Tom is *still* my myspace friend... oops. I'll get around to it, I swear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home